Project Description :
Project Site : Michigan State University, U.S. ;
Michigan State University (MSU) is a public research university in East Lansing, Michigan, United States. MSU was founded in 1855 and served as a model for land-grant universities later created under the Morrill Act of 1862. The university was founded as the Agricultural College of the State of Michigan, one of the country's first institutions of higher education to teach scientific agriculture. After the introduction of the Morrill Act, the college became coeducational and expanded its curriculum beyond agriculture. Today, MSU is one of the largest universities in the United States (in terms of enrollment) and has approximately 552,000 living alumni worldwide. MSU ranks among the top 30 public universities in the United States and the top 100 higher education research facilities in the world.
Vital to MSU’s research work and education endeavors is the Computer Science and Engineering Department, with lab facilities that include expensive high-speed servers, more than 100 workstations and countless proprietary research documents.
Biometric Access Control Software
Face & Fingerprint Reader
• ZKTeco offered a unit of ProBio face & fingerprint reader for the project.
• All residents’ identities are registered with their faces and fingerprints recorded for access. Cards are loaded with particular staffs’ personal information and their specific access rights to certain areas.
• All fingerprints and faces are read by the reader. They are only eligible to access to the areas they are authorized to after successful verification.
• The reader is centrally controlled and managed by the ZKBioSecurity 3.0 software.
• Face recognition provides users the added convenience of true hands-free door access. This feature is especially convenient when a user’s hands are occupied with books, computer equipment, pushing carts or when wearing gloves.
• “I can’t tell you how much I love not having to worry about forgetting my keys or locking them in my office,” comments MSU Researcher Chris Perry. “The readers work exceptionally well and I’m particularly impressed at how well the face recognition works given the conditions.”
• ProBio is the first access control terminal to apply the most advanced Silk ID and face technology together. Silk ID not only has outstandingly high identification rate towards dry, wet, and rough fingers, but also provides the utmost security with live finger detection. It can operate under strong light, and activates automatically when finger approaches to save power.
• The reader features a fingerprint sensor and a face recognition camera, thus providing multifactor authentication. Using ZKTeco’s latest ZKFACE version 7.0 high-speed face recognition algorithm, it has extremely high verification speed and low error rate, in addition to being able to effectively prevent duplicated registration. In addition, the new ZMM 220 hardware platform has a clock rate of 1.2 GHZ, greatly enhancing the speed of fingerprint and face verification. Such a speedy hardware platform and fingerprint and face algorithm greatly enhance the speed of fingerprint and face verification.
• ZKBioSecurity 3.0 is deployed as the central management software of the entrance control system. It is an access control system management platform based on the browser/server architecture. Users can access and log in to the platform directly from browsers and view the verification conditions of all connected devices in real time on the browsers.